SwapMyGames Collects The Following Information:
1. User Provided Information : You provide certain personally identifiable information (such as your name and email address) to SwapMyGames when choosing to participate in various activities on SwapMyGames Services such as posting comments for the items in your "have list", messages in our forums, entering contests or sweepstakes, taking advantage of promotions, responding to surveys, or subscribing to newsletters or other mailing lists.
2. Cookies Information : When you visit SwapMyGames Services, we may send one or more cookies - a small text file containing a string of alphanumeric characters - to your computer that uniquely identifies your visit. SwapMyGames uses both session cookies and persistent cookies (persistent cookie remains after you close your browser). Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser help file directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some features of the SwapMyGames Sites may not function properly if the ability to accept cookies is disabled.
3. Log File Information : When you use SwapMyGames Services, our servers automatically record certain information that your web browser sends whenever you visit any web site. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol("IP") address, browser type, browser language referring / exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time of your request, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
4. Clear GIFs Information : When you use SwapMyGames Services, we may employ "clear GIFs" (a.k.a.Web Beacons) which are used to track the online usage patterns of our Users anonymously (i.e., in a non-personally-identifiable manner). In addition, we may also use clear GIFs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened by recipients.
SwapMyGames Uses Information In The Following Way:
- If you submit personally identifiable information to us through SwapMyGames Services, then we use your personal information to operate, maintain, and provide to you the features and functionality of SwapMyGames Services.
- Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose online (via discussion boards, in messages, areas, within any public profile page, etc.) becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by others. Your account name (not your email address) is displayed to other Users when you upload comments or send messages through SwapMyGames Services and other Users can contact you through messages and comments.
- We do not use your email address or other personally identifiable information to send commercial or marketing messages without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. We may, however, use your email address without further consent for non-marketing or administrative purposes (such as notifying you of major SwapMyGames Services changes or for customer service purposes).
- We use both your personally identifiable information and certain non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, cookies, IP addresses, browser type,click stream data, etc.) to improve the quality and design of SwapMyGames Services and to create new features, promotions, functionality, and services by storing, tracking, and analyzing User preferences and trends.
- We do not share your personally identifiable information (such as name or email address) with other, third-party companies for their commercial or marketing use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out.
- We do share non-personally-identifiable information (such as anonymous User usage data, referring / exit pages and URLs, platform types, number of clicks, etc.) with interested third-parties to assist them in understanding the usage patterns for certain content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on SwapMyGames Services.
- We may release personally identifiable information and/or non-personally-identifiable information if required to do so by law, or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as Canadian Copyright Laws) or respond to a court order, subpoena, or search warrant.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you profile access or making corrections. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times. We recommend that you periodically update your password for your own security.
Linking Agreements with Other Sites Including Third-party Advertisers:
SwapMyGames does not provide any personally identifiable information to these third-party ad servers or ad networks without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in or opt-out. However, please note that if an advertiser asks SwapMyGames to show an advertisement to a certain audience (for example, women ages 18-24) or audience segment (for example, women ages 18-34 who have viewed certain categories of content) and you respond to that advertisement, the advertiser or ad-server may conclude that you fit the description of the audience they are trying to reach. The advertiser may also use information regarding your use of SwapMyGames Services, such as the number of times you viewed an ad (but not any personally identifiable information), to determine which ads to deliver to you.
SwapMyGames's Commitment to Security of Data:
SwapMyGames uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SwapMyGames and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SwapMyGames makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If SwapMyGames learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SwapMyGames may post a notice on SwapMyGames Services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live,you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing. To receive a free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice) you should notify us by submitting you request through the use of form at contact us page .
SwapMyGames's Commitment to Privacy of Children:
Protecting the privacy of young children is very important to us. For that reason, SwapMyGames does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information or non-personally-identifiable information on SwapMyGames Services from persons under 18 years of age, use of SwapMyGames services is directed to persons of age 18+. If you are under 18 years of age, then please introduce the SwapMyGames Services to your parent or guardian and ask them to trade your video games for you. If SwapMyGames learns that personally identifiable information of persons under 18 years of age has been collected on the SwapMyGames Sites without verified parental consent, then SwapMyGames will take the appropriate steps to delete this information.
In the Event of Sale, Merger, Acquisition, or Bankruptcy:
In the event that SwapMyGames is acquired by or merged with a third party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information we have collected from our Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control. In the unlikely event of our bankruptcy, insolvency, reorganization, receiver ship, or assignment for the benefit of creditors, or the application of laws or equitable principles affecting creditors' rights generally, we may not be able to control how your personal information is treated, transferred, or used.
Date Last Modified: